problems about build openmoko from scratch

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Wed Jan 16 11:00:37 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 03:45:19PM +0800, zhihuaye wrote:
> After I set the env and bitbake,I type "bitbake openmoko-devel-image",but I get the error messages below:
> It seems something about glibc package.Could you tell me how to solve it ? Thanks!

> ERROR:  0074:                   del g[g.index('CONTROL')]
> ERROR: Error in executing:
> ERROR: Exception:exceptions.OSError Message:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/varvar/b_om/build/conf/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/glibc-2.5-r8/install/locale-base-ar-kw.iso-8859-6'
> ERROR: Printing the environment of the function
> ERROR: Build of /home/varvar/b_om/org.openembedded.dev/packages/glibc/glibc_2.5.bb do_package_write_ipk failed

I believe I see this before.  Here is a workaround.  Check your
local.conf :

# So far, angstrom.conf sets ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION
# to generate binary locale packages at build time using qemu-native and
# thereby guarantee i18n support on all devices. If your build breaks on
# qemu-native consider disabling ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION (note that
# this breaks i18n on devices with less than 128MB RAM) or installing
# a working third-party qemu (e.g. provided by your distribution) and
# adding qemu-native to ASSUME_PROVIDED. Caveat emptor, since third-party
# qemus lack patches needed to work with various OE targets.
#ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION = "0"
#ASSUME_PROVIDED += "qemu-native"

Don't uncomment the ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION line.

# If ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION is set to "1", you can limit locales
# generated to the list provided by GLIBC_GENERATE_LOCALES. This is huge
# time-savior for developmental builds. Format: list of locale.encoding pairs
# with spaces as separators.
GLIBC_GENERATE_LOCALES = "en_US.UTF-8"

You can save time by setting this to your desired locales.  You also
need gcc 3.3/3.4 to compile qemu, or, you may install qemu natively by
yourself and set ASSUME_PROVIDED += "qemu-native"

- John