battery not charging

Anuj Sawani xeonclub at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 21:05:42 CET 2008

Hi all,

The battery that came with my Neo went into a deep discharge state and now refuses to charge. I followed the steps at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Battery_Charger and left it connected overnight. I have tried this a few times too but the phone does not turn on at all.

The phone boots up fine when I put in a Nokia BL-5C battery. Hence, I know that the basic hardware is working fine.

What could cause this issue? a problem with the charging circuit?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Anuj