Dial In/Out + SMS In/Out now works
plr at udgaard.com
Thu Jan 24 20:41:48 CET 2008
I have now played a little more with sending/receiving SMS with the
1. What log file do I extract info from when sending SMS messages?
2. The file /tmp/gsm.log doesn't make sense to me, but I could be wrong?
3. The whole phone is actually in a big mess, because 'stability' is
just not there, unfortunately.
4. I can sometimes send a message and I can sometimes make a voice call,
and mostly just after a reboot.
5. It seems that more messages are received from another phone, than I
can send from the Neo.
6. Registering to the service provider 'seems' to happen every time I
turn the Neo on, but sometimes it seems as if it lost the connection,
anyway because I can't send receive SMS or make calls.
7. What do I do to confirm #6.?
Unfortunately bugzilla records don't seem to be dealt with, so I wonder
what to do about such issues? I entered a report January 4., but it is
still in New state.
If anyone can help me with set up a development environment on
Slackware, I might be able to help there. The info I found so far wasn't
really helpful there, so my only contribution so far has been testing
Lucas Bonnet wrote:
> Peter Rasmussen <plr at udgaard.com> writes:
>> With the recent image:
>> I was able to make voice calls and messaging work on my GTA01, and
>> this is great progress seen from a user's perspective!
>> The Message UI is rather puzzling, though, I was able to use it.
> Indeed, now it seems to be a bit more reliable, it asks for my PIN and
> autoregisters at every reboot. Just in time for my OpenMoko demo next
> week :)
> I haven't managed to send a SMS though, the UI is quite puzzling, and
> the Random Button Pressing Technique didn't get me very far.
More information about the device-owners