Dial In/Out + SMS In/Out now works

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Thu Jan 24 21:27:10 CET 2008

The only time I've ever actually gotten a SMS message that appeared on
OpenMoko was when I inserted my wife's SIM card and it told me I (she)
had 8 unread. At that time, the Messages application segfaulted when
opened. I flashed qtopia and re-inserted my SIM and was prompted that
I had SMS messages so results aren't consistant enough to even really
say that "some things sometimes work with some conditions". I plan to
go through each application "soon" to attempt to find inconsistancies
and put rhyme or reason to why things fail but I've not done that yet.

I've made MANY phone calls from my OpenMoko based Neo. I do have
stability complaints but I'm almost sure it's the software itself.
I've never had an otherwise-functioning Neo that failed to connect to
the cellular network. I've had OpenMoko crap out which causes Dialer
to die but I've never had OpenMoko work BUT calls fail.

As to seeing the SMS sending dialogue, never. I have NEVER seen
anything more than the button turn orange after being pressed. I
actually assumed that functionality for that button hadn't been
written and since i know next to nothing about how the SMS should be
passed off, I've never looked at the code.