Missing choice of keyboards in latest build

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Mon Jan 28 04:13:29 CET 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 10:05 PM, Nick Guenther <kousue at gmail.com> wrote:

> QTopia has both a tiny QWERTY and a finger-tappy keyboard. The user
> can switch between them as needed. That's probably the best solution.

Right now I've got "Mass market consumer device" in my mind and while
I consider choice to be a great thing, consumers don't like it.

I've not sat down and figured out how to make my default input choice
stick, but one of my chief complaints is that the best input method
for me is the third option so I have to go and navigate a stupid menu
(that's too big for the screen and has to be scrolled through) just to
be able to send SMS messages in any decent manner. If input methods
are selectable, at least allow that change to be "remembered" so the
user doesn't have to make a choice every time. :)