Daily Snapshot Reviews

Peter Rasmussen plr at udgaard.com
Thu Jan 31 22:43:30 CET 2008

Marc Bantle wrote:
> Peter Rasmussen wrote:
>>   B. An update (probably) to u-boot that will accept multiple kernel
>> and rootfs on the same SD/SDHC card.
> I have a working triple boot configuration running:
> - qtopia on /dev/mtdblock4,
> - OpenMoko rootfs 1 from /dev/mmcblk0p1,
> - OpenMoko rootfs 2 from /dev/mmcblk0p2

That sounds exactly like what I am looking for.

I looks like you have split the SD card into two partitions, and I
wasn't aware that could be done?

Is it just using fdisk on it similar to a HD?

Is specifying which image/partition to boot then just adjusting the
partition device in the description that is on:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD

That should be doable.

Thanks!
Peter