Booting from SD Card using FreeRunner (as shipped)?

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Sat Jul 5 04:48:52 CEST 2008

Hello Simon-

> 1. Nothing I've tried allows it to successfully mount the rootfs e.g.
> from /dev/mmcblk0p2 (using FAT+ext2 partitions on the SD Card)

Means load uImage part succeed, and load rootfs fail? And you boot from
NOR or flash?

> 2. 'savenv' appears to fail - it does an Erase, then drops back to the
> uBoot prompt; I've only ever had it once do an Erase...Write cycle

If you boot fro NOR, saveenv will fail because it was write protected,
and this is not really tested even write protect removed.

> If you have got this to work, could you share details on your
> partitioning and uBoot environment variables etc.

Could you try the env in the attachment env file? or using ./dfu-util -a
  u-boot_env -R -D env.new

Tony Tu