MicroSD card does not fit in Freerunner

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Fri Jul 11 14:55:41 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) <tony at openmoko.com>
wrote:

> Hi Thomas-
>
>   I don't understand how anyone can talk about bad battery life. I did some
>> benchmarks for myself:
>> WLAN on + GPS on + GSM idle +  Display on + Backlight on 100%: 3 hours 8
>> seconds
>> WLAN on + GSM idle: > 6 hours
>> GSM idle: > 9 hours
>>

> Could you advise what image set you use? The default shipment image should
> have 100+ hours of suspend/wake up-able time.
>
> http://people.openmoko.org/tony_tu/GTA02/images/20080424_gta02_release/
>
> Tony Tu
>
> Openmoko, Support.

Hi Tony,

I'm pretty sure you understood me wrong!
I wasn't complaining, I was telling my (impressive) results.
I've completely deactivated any form of power management for the
battery-sucking test (the test where all available hardware was turned on),
so I didn't use dim, nor did I use suspend (I called it standby).
There's no way I could test how long the suspendtime is, because I don't
want to spend some days without playing with the neo :)
But it's not hard for me to believe the 100+ hours you're talking about.

Again: The batterylife is not only promising, it's already pretty good, and
it can still get better!

FYI: I used ASU for the tests, but that shouldn't matter at all.