Cannot re-flash the debug board (X-post from openmoko-devel)

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Sat Jul 12 04:29:30 CEST 2008

Alessandro Sappia wrote:
> Hi all, and sorry for the X-post, for who reads also openmoko-devel.
> I'm writing here now on suggestion from Michael.
> Some Days ago I finally had time to check my FreeRunner? and its Debug Board.
>[...]
>
> Reading http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debug_board
> I see that my USB ID 0403:6010 request I need to reflash the debug board.

I'm surprised that you saw that with a newly-purchased debug board. That
Wiki page is talking about a few early boards that were shipped last
year before the Neo1973 was offered for sale. None of the v2 boards that
were sold in the Neo1973 advanced kits needed to be flashed, and AFAIK
none of the Freerunner boards should need it.

Can some other Debug Board v3 owners please check to see what USB IDs
their devices are reporting? If yours one is the only one with the wrong
ID then it might be a good idea to ask Openmoko to exchange it while
it's still under warranty.

Another note - Openmoko is using a different USB vendor ID for the
Freerunner itself (0x1d50 vs. 0x1457). I don't know whether or not this
change is also supposed to apply to the new debug boards.

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2008-January/000358.html
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2008-January/000703.html