FR and ASU - how to start GTK apps?

Daniel Mewes danielmewes at onlinehome.de
Sat Jul 12 13:25:37 CEST 2008

Hello Torfinn,

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 12:51 +0200, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> It doesn't show up in launcher or any other place I have found.
> And there isn't a "run program" menu or equivalent on ASU that I have found.

you can add custom launcher icons by creating a file
in /usr/share/applications . Just start with a copy of one of the
existing files and change names and paths appropriately. The new icon
should show up immediately (i.e. without restarting) in the launcher.
Icons are loaded from /usr/share/pixmaps by default, but you can also
specify an absolute path.

Kind regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Mewes (daniel at danielmewes.dnsalias.net)
Phone: 0800 DAMEWES (3263937; from inside Germany, I call back)
Pager: danielmewes at mairgate.de