changing settings: scrollbars, tap click, splash, login noise, ...

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sun Jul 13 19:17:20 CEST 2008

In the gtk theme @ /usr/share/openmoko/themes/...

> - lowering the volume of the tap clicks -- asl already mentioned, with
> headphones they're piercing the eardrum and when in public it annoys other
> people

Either changing the stereoout alsa scenario or changing the sound
in /usr/share/openmoko/sounds

> - disabling the splashscreen

opkg remove psplash

> - disabling the noise the fr makes when starting X

remove the startup sample loaded in /etc/pulse/session or change it
in /usr/share/openmoko/sounds

> - setting default fontsize for the terminal -- it always starts up 2x too
> big and i need to scale it down

Impossible atm. Patches welcome. We should read this from gconf.

> on a related note:
> - where do i find syslog/kern.log? -- booting shows some crc errors and
> others too and i'd like to have a look at the logs, not sure if dmesg
> shows everything

logread or, for a life log, logread -f

--
:M: