Ruby

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Jul 14 10:28:00 CEST 2008

(Note: taking the mailing list back into the loop)

Am Montag 14 Juli 2008 05:53:05 schrieb Jim Morris:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> > Am Montag 14 Juli 2008 02:07:40 schrieb Jim Morris:
> >> Thanks I have, I'm new to this so I wasn't even aware of what is OE and
> >> what is OM. Is there a wiki page explaining that?
> >
> > Yes, please see the wiki page called 'OpenEmbedded'. In a nutshell, OE is
> > a distribution buildkit, Om is a distribution built with OpenEmbedded.
> >
> > :M:
>
> Ok thanks, actually what I meant was is there something that says what is
> the domain of OE (ie in this case ruby), and what is the domain of OM (I
> presume most of the applications).

Every recipe is in OpenEmbedded, but Openmoko maintains the OpenEmbedded
recipes for their own applications.

> When you build things like ruby, do I use mokomakefile or bitbake?

I use BitBake, since I'm a) one of the founders of OpenEmbedded and b) work on
customizing distributions. You should perhaps use the makefile unless you're
into customizing the distribution.

--
:M: