Help, please! GTA01BV4 died!

cormier.doug at sympatico.ca cormier.doug at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 2 02:21:48 CEST 2008

Battery recovery

I have never been able to fast recharge an OpenMoko battery from any USB
port using Windows (xp / win2000)

I am always successful using Linux (e.g. Knoppix live CD)!!
    (oddly, even when using the same computer that has windows as the
primary OS)

An obvious sign that the battery is recharging (quick charge) is the battery
symbol is grey
   and has a lightening bolt (assuming one can view the battery symbol).

There are many Nokia battery types, many are physically impossible.

One Nokia battery replacement that I know that does work 100 % in the
Neo1973 is the BL-5C, used in the Nokia 6820 (for example).

I had this exact problem this week where a colleague noted that he could not
recover using a battery that had died.  I placed the seemingly dead battery
in my Neo1973, connected it to a computer using Knoppix, amazingly, the
battery didn't look too bad.  Within an hour, the battery had been fully
charged.

i luv openmoko

A Canadian friend,

Doug