device-owners Digest, Vol 12, Issue 8

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 07:33:41 CEST 2008

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:58:20 -0400
> From: "Kevin Dean" <kevin at foreverdean.info>
> Subject: Re: Experience qtopia-x11 (ASU) on gta01
> To: andyfrommk at gmail.com
> Cc: device-owners list <device-owners at lists.openmoko.org>
>
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Andy Selby <andyfrommk at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'd prefer that they work on the GTA02 version of the ASU than waste
> > time on the GTA01 version.
>
> The Freerunner's version is identical. :) I've got both devices and
> the ASU is about the same. I haven't done any reviews of the ASU on
> either device because it's still SO early I was told that at this
> point the developers are working at fixing basic problems and
> implimenting basics and that, at this stage, filing bug reports and
> complaining about missing features will essentially get a "duh". :)
>
> That's not to say don't poke around! The ASU looks spiffy and it's
> really neat to hold something fresh and new in your hands - can't beat
> that feeling!
>
> > I did make  a call (I mean I phoned my home phone but did not pick it
> up).
> >
> > Thanks to those involved for letting me preview the ASU on my neo1973.
> > I will flash the latest qtopia on X11 image on my phone and show it to
> > everybody at the next LUG (there's a guy that's about to crack and buy
> > a freerunner)

Try the June 3 and June 4 images. I got wifi working and and in GSM it
appeared that it had registered with the network. Calls did not work (the
one time i tried) but i managed to test assassin and even download and
install the GTK dialer application (which gives an error when you try to
dial but otherwise displays ok)

Rakshat.