Experience qtopia-x11 (ASU) on gta01

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Thu Jun 12 12:48:17 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 21:03:16 Tilman Baumann wrote:
> Am 11.06.2008 um 19:56 schrieb Andy Selby:
> > I'd prefer that they work on the GTA02 version of the ASU than waste
> > time on the GTA01 version.
>
> Waste time. Yea, right. Not for me. *grrr*
>
> I bought the GTA01 on the explicit promise that there will be no
> Nokia770 situation again! (Short. New hardware, new software, no more
> features for old devices)

Don't worry. In contrast to Nokia everything we create on the OS side is Free
Software and can be run on GTA01 or any other device. While I don't have a
GTA01 to test I have it in mind when working on the ASU update... The only
thing were we are going to run into trouble is probably the flash size...
which requires someone to remove certain things from the image for GTA01. And
in contrast to the Nokia770 someone inside our outside Openmoko can do
this...

so relax
	z.