OFT Status Update 2006.6.1

Clare claregj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 18:35:02 CEST 2008

About:
Openmoko Framework Team Status Report 2008.6.1

Many Thanks to Mickey and the Team for this. It is lovely to look at.

It came up with a message about SIM PIN but I dont have one and it
went away. I tried using the dialer, and it worked well. There was still
an echo - the person on the other phone gets to hear an echo of their
own voice. This was in the 'devel' version I hoped it would be gone.
It is better in that when it is called, it not only vibrates but makes a
noise. More interesting than your standard ringtone, I can't imagine
how it was made.
The top panel is small but very clear,  I like the gsm signal indicator,
tiny but adequate and unobtrusive. All the typefaces are good -
easy on the eyes. I suppose the pretty picture will be a user replaceable
item; very welcome as people like to be able to have their own.
Touching a couple of the currently non-working buttons uncovers the picture.
 i hope when the buttons are working that it will still be possible to
uncover it.

Haven't yet read all the details given; just had to say how exciting this
is. Thanks again,

clare