Real-Time clock

Peter Trapp openmoko at genial.ms
Thu Mar 13 12:17:26 CET 2008

This script will be called while system startup/shutdown. The appropriate link should be located in the folder rc.d ...

As option it takes one of the following:   start     stop    restart

start does:
>     if [ ! -e $DATEFILE ]; then
check if DATEFILE NOT exist

>         LASTDATETIME=100208002007

LASTDATETIME, here 100208002007   means according to "%m%d%H%M%G"
  Feb 10, 2007    08:00a.m.

=> reset date and time to default

>     else
>         . $DATEFILE

used stored value from DATEFILE  (this file was written on last shutdown of neo)
(exports the variable LASTDATETIME to shell, like     `export LASTDATETIME=mmddHHMMYYYY`

>     fi
>     date -u $LASTDATETIME
>        ;;

set time and date according to LASTDATETIME (either lastvalue or defaultvalue)

stop:
>         echo "LASTDATETIME=`/bin/date -u +%m%d%H%M%G`" > $DATEFILE
get actual time and store it in DATEFILE

restart:
do start
do stop

cheers