boot -- lots of scrolling errors

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Sat Mar 22 01:02:42 CET 2008

I'm seeing an odd boot failure with the current images (this has
actually been going on for a while, so I don't know which was the
first image that showed the problem).

When I try to boot, I get the splash screen and the beginning of the
boot sequence (probably a couple of screens full of normal behavior),
and then it begins scrolling huge numbers of messages up the screen
faster than I can read.

I did erase the NAND flash before installing the images.  It happens
with or without a SIM card (it has previously successfully read my SIM
card).

So -- if this sounds familiar to anybody, please let me know!  Failing
that, if there's a way I can either stop the messages or divert them
to the USB console so I can read them and give a more coherent
description of the problem, I'd appreciate that....