How could I connect Neo to internet using host pc?

Martin Guy martinwguy at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 25 19:27:45 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:11 PM, MengFei <mengfeizju at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have configure usb0 on my pc as follows:
> auto usb0
> iface usb0 inet static

I had to use:

# neo
allow-hotplug usb0
iface usb0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.200
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        broadcast 192.168.0.255

before it would work automatically for me/ Now the interface
configures when I plug the neo in, or at machine boot if it is already
plugged in.

That's assuming you only have one usb network device...

My iptables stuff is done once and for all at boot in /etc/rc.local:

 iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 \
        -j SNAT --to-source 88.96.6.153

where 88.96.6.153 is the internet address of the host doing the
forwarding, used to rewrite the reply address in the outgoing packets.
If you are already on a local net behind a NAT gateway, use the
address the packet will go out on towards the internet.

Good luck!