Daily Snapshot Review 28 March 2008

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 22:45:53 CET 2008

First: thanks for your reviews!

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 16:28 -0400, Kevin Dean wrote:
> Today the X instability rears it's head a bit more frequently than it
> did on yesterday's image, failing to start about every other reboot.

I wonder whether power button events a the culprit. I accidentally
pressed the power button while X start up and this quits X. Only when
the GUI is fully started the power button does not quit X anymore.

> A new "feature" has been added to this image (or at least I noticed it
> first today) in that the GPS icon now prompts a selectable power
> up/down menu. This menu works, causing the GPS icon to turn green for
> on and stay white for off. What this actually does on the default
> image, however, I'm not sure. If this merely changes the icon, sends
> power to the GPS hardware or if some "bigger" change has happened to
> the GPS systems, I'm not sure.

A quick look into the source reveals that either '0' or '1' get written
to:

/sys/bus/platform/drivers/neo1973-pm-gps/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron

Marcus