u-boot console

Hermann Lacheiner hermann.lacheiner at gmail.com
Fri May 2 00:23:44 CEST 2008

Hi neo owners,

I recently got a used neo1973 for testing purposes. I wanted to flash
the last recommended image, but it got stuck in the boot process while
configuring packages. So I think I have to clear the nand before
flashing the new image as stated in the wiki to completely remove
fragments of the old image.

The problem now is, that connecting to the u-boot console using usb
does not work for me. No u-boot prompt is appearing when connecting
with cu or screen, and there is no entry in the boot menu to "Set
Console to USB". I found another mail concerning this issue in the
archive, but no actual solution was provided. Could you give me some
hints resolving this issue. Thank you very much!

hermann