u-boot console

clare u5618 at perth.dialix.com.au
Fri May 2 11:23:01 CEST 2008

Hi,
YOu said:
it got stuck in the boot process while
> configuring packages.

This sounds as though it does actually boot.
In order to do flashing can you get a boot menu using just the phone?
Hold the aux button down and while it is down press the power button
until you sense a very small click, it should then respond by
bringing  upwards a screen which says at the top

u-boot and some version information
BOOT MENU
Boot

Given that you can flash with dfu-util, I will tell you more if you get to
that point because I have to leave now and go home. If you dont get there
I cant help anyway.

clare