u-boot console

Hermann Lacheiner hermann.lacheiner at gmail.com
Sun May 4 20:43:18 CEST 2008

Hi!

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Mike Montour <mail at mmontour.net> wrote:
>  You would also need to edit your u-boot environment (specifically the
> "stdin", "stdout", and "stderr" variables) to get the console onto USB.
> There is an "openmoko/trunk/src/host/envedit/" utility which might be usable
> but I have never tried it (and its README only mentions GTA02).

I resolved now this issue using the suggested envedit utility. I
downloaded the u-boot_env partition with dfu-util, added the entries
for stdout, stdin and stderr to usbtty, and uploaded the partition
again to the device.

So I erased the nand then. I got a mesage, that there are a few bad
block, but after flashing again, the device booted finally with the
recent image! Thanks all for you help!

Hermann