yesterday's qtopia rootfs

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Fri May 23 05:31:18 CEST 2008

Kevin Dean wrote:
> Using one of mmontour's builds for the GTA01 yesterday I managed to
> get as far as the boot screen before getting all kinds of "SPANK SPANK
> SPANK! Naughty Programmer, now go fix your code!" errors.

That image just barely fits into the NAND partition, and when the system
comes up it sees the disk as 100% full. This means that Dropbear is
unable to generate the ssh host keys, and probably causes other
failures. However, I still got "SPANK SPANK SPANK" errors after deleting
some cruft to free up a couple of MB.

I've got another one building right now, which will hopefully be a bit
smaller. Another alternative would be to transfer the image onto the SD
card, but that's not convenient for me because I keep my main
development system on the SD and use the NAND as scratch space for
testing images.

 > It appears that it builds for many people now and then, but it's not
 > nearly consistant.

I've never yet had it build entirely on its own. At a minimum,
packagekit and openmoko-appmanager2 need to be told to expect libopkg
0.1.4 rather than 0.1.3 (in configure.ac) and packagekit also needed a
"--disable-docbook-docs" in its EXTRA_OECONF. Note - this is with
"autorev" and the "org.openmoko.dev" branch.

The biggest pain I've had is with packages versioned like
"embryo-0.9.1.042+cvs20080522" when the build crosses midnight UTC. It
runs some of the steps like do_fetch and do_compile on the 22nd, but the
date has advanced by the time it tries to do do_install and it looks for
a non-existent "...cvs20080523" directory. Deleting all of the
tmp/stamps/... files for the affected package and then rebuilding works
around this, but it would be nice to have a proper fix.

p.s. While typing the above message my build has made its way to the
following failure, which does not go away with a rebuild:

NOTE: package e-wm-0.16.999.042+cvs20080523-r7: task do_configure: started
ERROR: function do_configure failed
ERROR: log data follows
(/home/mmontour/moko/build/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/e-wm-0.16.999.042+cvs20080523-r7/temp/log.do_configure.6271)
| autopoint: File mkinstalldirs has been locally modified.
| autopoint: *** Some files have been locally modified. Not overwriting
them because --force has not been specified. For your convenience, you
find the local modifications in the file '/tmp/autopoint6273.diff'.
| autopoint: *** Stop.
NOTE: Task failed: