Battery drain problem again

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 07:31:23 CEST 2008

> It looks like it is a problem with the GSM modem that causes the
> battery drain when you shut down the NEO 1973. I shut mine down and
> when it was off I left it near a cheap set of PC speakers. After
> about a couple of minutes, I started to hear intermittent buzzing
> sounds coming from the speakers and there were also a couple of high
> pitched clicks. I then removed the battery from the NEO and put it back
> in and the noises stopped.
> I am running the latest scaredycat rootfs and kernel, so it looks like
> this might be problem that is hard to fix.
>
> Michael.

Michael,
I think you're just seeing the known issue that the GSM modem
doesn't power off when you shut the Neo down.  I created a wiki
page for this since there didn't seem to already be one:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSMPowerDownInitScript

Please let me know if that doesn't solve your problem.

HTH,
Bobby

--
If it doesn't make you smile, you're doing something wrong.