Merging openmoko into OE

Matthias Hentges oe at
Sat Mar 3 23:39:33 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 01.03.2007, 15:58 +0100 schrieb Koen Kooi:
> Hash: SHA1
> Hi,
> A quick inspection shows that openmoko userspace in OE contains more recipes and bugfixes
> than the userspace in trunk/oe. This morning I noticed that the gsm panel plugin has been
> converted to mb-panel-2, so packaging will need to be adjusted.


> That only leaves the decision wether to lock down to the working revision for p0 and p1.
> My gut feeling is that p0 doesn't need a locked down revision, since a lot of bugs will
> get uncovered and fixed. For p1 I'm not sure what to advice, but p2 will need a snapshot
> or branch for sure. Keep in mind that maintaining a branch is almost a full-time job if
> you want to do it right.
> What are the plans, and how can the community help with carrying those out?

I do hope that OM will go the stable-branch way. We all know and accept
that .dev is a fast-moving target. I believe it is almost impossible to
create a high-quality stable image and feed from it.

Also a stable branch frees up developer-time as devs no longer need to
worry about .dev's bug-of-day caused by $random-commit.

Just my 0.02€

More information about the distro-devel mailing list