Thoughts on current OE gta01/gta02 integration, kernel, uboot

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 3 23:49:02 CEST 2007

Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Today I've finally started to use 2007.2 and I have the following
> remarks:
>
> 1) the yaffs2 support is not working since there's a missing parameter
>    to the mkyaffs2image in bitbake.conf.  I'm not yet sure which one is
>    the right one for us, will submit a patch later on.

Im having trouble buidling mkyaffs2image at all at moment.
> 2) the multi-mach support semems to work fine in general, however:
>
>   It would be great if Graeme or somebody else with bitbake+OE background
>   could look into resolving those issues.

Pretty much all this problems are because mickey has made the choice to make
gta01 and gta02 seperate machines within OE. This can be fixed, but Id
like to talk
to mickey at OEDEM before undoing his work.

gtk+ is gta01/2 specific as it has openmoko only patches applied.

> 3) svn revisions for kernel + u-boot are frozen right now.  I don't say
>    thre is no reason to do so, but I would want to know why those
>    specific revisions have been selected, and what particular
>    regressions are worked around by using old versions.

Kernel is the latest svn according to my svn info on openmoko repo.
u-boot I havent
checked yet.

Graeme