Qtopia Phone Licensing Issue

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 1 15:57:45 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> Graeme -
> please provide exact information for the libamr license. If it is
> 'unknown', it may be 'in the public domain'.
All the information I can find points to it being an example
implementation as part of a
3gpp specification. Normally 3gpp don't allow non members to use their
specifications
so I am doubting it is in Public Domain.

But I also can't find useful information on what its license actually is.
> For openssl, we should add GnuTLS support.
>
> Honestly I think both cases do not sound very dramatic to me.
> But it's great you keep a watchful eye and help us do the due
> diligence :-)
Yes this is one solution, I wonder if Holger can estimate the time it
would require.

Graeme