Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status (7)
zecke at openmoko.org
Thu Apr 17 02:40:46 CEST 2008
this is a rather short summary, as it is 2 am already and my University has
What was done (and is buildable by anyone):
- Work on the predictive keyboard continued, looking good so far
- We fetch our alsa state files from svn now. For the first time a stock
image has gsmhandset.state that allows you to hear anything. It is not too
pleasant on the other side though.
- Bugfixing in Qtopia, sending patches, getting feedback, improving stuff,
such as marking some more Qtopia widgets as Qtopia widgets to make illume
aware of them
- Testing calling, receiving them... Sending busy can still upset the phone
- Fixed some races, memleaks... filed bugs
- Just fixed ringtones...
Integration left (not much new):
- Softmenu is not always updated. Needs investigation (NEW)
- Confusing the Qtopia phone library with input due hangup.
- Implement the matchbox input method hint to make the keyboard popup (NEW)
- Signal strength, triggering of the PIN dialog (probably raster)
- Touchscreen jittering work (me)
- Suspend/Resume, blanking screen (probably raster)
- Fixing state files (someone volunteers?)
- Polishing, Polishing, Polishing (install default ringtones, pulseaudio, gst
plugin for wav, try to make Qt's resize widgets only once on start) (graeme,
- Xglamo work :)
What is left to make the neo my primary phone:
- alsa state files that don't make the people want to hang up. :)
I think an internal alpha is due today/tomorrow, I await your feedback. We are
almost feature complete, so issues, polishing issues, etc. are appreciated.
PS: Copy your favorite mp3/ogg to /Documents/ and Qtopia will pick it up after
a restart and you can use it as ringtone.
More information about the distro-devel