Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status (7)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Thu Apr 17 08:56:43 CEST 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:02:39 +0800 John Lee <john_lee at openmoko.com> babbled:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 02:40:46AM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
>
> <..snipped..>
>
> > Integration left (not much new):
> > 	- Softmenu is not always updated. Needs investigation (NEW)
> > 	- Confusing the Qtopia phone library with input due hangup.
> > 	- Implement the matchbox input method hint to make the keyboard
> > popup (NEW)
> > 	- Signal strength, triggering of the PIN dialog (probably raster)
> > 	- Touchscreen jittering work (me)
> > 	- Suspend/Resume, blanking screen (probably raster)
> > 	- Fixing state files (someone volunteers?)
> > 	- Polishing, Polishing, Polishing (install default ringtones,
> > pulseaudio, gst plugin for wav, try to make Qt's resize widgets only once
> > on start) (graeme, me, john)
> > 	- Xglamo work :)
>
> raster's plan atm is working on gadgets.  i think you two have to sit
> down (on irc/mail) and come up with a sane dbus interface?

gadgets and the add/remove list thing :)

> hmm.  raster has a keyboard in illume.  you will popup a keyboard in
> illume.  what should we do with it...
>
> 1st step: make one of them default
> 2nd: make user be able to switch
>
> how about this?

actually illume just supports the matchbox input method additions to gtk - this
sends a message to the root window to say "please give me a keyboard"... and
illume responds by putting up a keyboard :) i just supported it as it was there
and meant backwards-compat to existing apps was "out of the box" :)