Unable to use OM build system

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Sat Apr 19 20:52:48 CEST 2008

Dnia Saturday 19 of April 2008, Andy Green napisał:
> But I KNOW that I can cross-compile DM2 on this machine if I did it by
> hand, since I use John Lee's toolchain.  I just needed some target-arch
> libs to link against is all.  So I would characterize these 1000
> actions, many of the host-arch builds of stuff I already have, as
> remarkable bloat considering the minimum it actually needed to do for
> what I needed.

So you need to get someone from Openmoko to prepare toolchain which will
work as 'external-toolchain' (using OE terminology) so Your next build
will do not have to build many components.

This should be possible with current OE and such toolchain can contain any
set of packages so amount of 'required-to-build' ones will be low.

It is possible -- you just need someone familiar with OE to provide you
tool.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant