Qtopia Package Splitting

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 29 12:58:31 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 09:40:54 Graeme Gregory wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 06:06:35PM +0100, Graeme Gregory wrote:
> > I have been working on this and have committed the first batch of splits
> > in org.openmoko.xora.qtopia branch in mtn repo.
>
> Qtopia is split into as many bits as I think I can do it.
>
> My branch builds a very minimal image with only a few apps installed
> when you build openmoko-qtopia-x11-image.
>
> But now people need to start using it and finding bugs where I put the
> wrong file in the wrong package etc....

I gave it a spin and compare the two root filesystems. I'm not exactly sure
how to actually report the differences. Would a diff or diffstat be useful?

What is missing:
	- html help files
	- Services (a directory) and some of the missing ones are needed.
	- qds stuff

What should be gone but isn't gone yet:
	- /opt/Qtopia/apps/  and the apps not to be installed
	- the actual binaries and such that we don't use.

I would like to help you to complete this by the end of the week. How do we
want to proceed here?
	z.

PS: I just did a bitbake -cpackage -f qtopia-phone-x11