GSM modem doesn't power off when Neo does

Nuutti Kotivuori naked at iki.fi
Sun Feb 10 19:59:27 CET 2008

Mike wrote:
> This means that when the phone is powered off from a normal,
> operational state, it should result in the device being truly off --
> including the GSM modem.

Entirely agreed.

> The workaround is simple -- after you power off the Neo, you must open
> it up and remove the battery for some period of time.

Since we are going through development time, when kernels change and
filesystems change and being sure of anything is difficult, I would
hope this feature to be added to u-boot if possible.

That is, a new selection in u-boot that powers off *everything*, if
the normal power off doesn't already do that.

-- Naked