Who's in charge?

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Sat Feb 16 06:55:44 CET 2008

So...

  ... who's in charge of the distro?  Busybox just got upgraded in
Angstrom, and it's broken the boot process in the latest images.

Is there someone who's coordinating efforts on fixing distro-related
things?  This *is* the mailing list where we should be discussing things
like busybox breakage, the fact that the flash is getting a little bit
too "plump" (to say it nicely) in recent images, issues about the
startup scripts (like, they're waaaay to slow), etc?

I guess I'm asking two questions here -- if I go through the effort to
fix some of these things, how do I know if someone else is already
working on a specific issue/item, and how do I get my fixes into the
distro (yes, I can commit them to OE directly, but I'm asking if there's
a process and a gatekeeper that I need to work with)?

Thanks,
Mike (mwester)