GSM modem doesn't power off when Neo does

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:59:13 CET 2008

On 19/02/2008, Shawn Rutledge <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2008 1:05 PM, andrzej zaborowski <balrogg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > IIRC Yes, but I'm not sure if the script to invoke the gsmd command is
> > installed.
>
> Well what about having gsmd do it when it is killed by a signal at
> shutdown then?  It would be more reliable, not depending on scripting.

That's a bit of a separate issue.  The current issue is that when you
power-off the device it doesn't power off completely (not when you
shut down gsmd, which may never have been running, or there may be
more than one running when there's multiplexing).  gsmd is not
requesting powering up of the modem, it assumes the modem is up the
moment it starts, so it should also not deal with powering it down.
--
Please do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Spread
environmental awareness.