Who's in charge?

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Sat Feb 23 10:19:36 CET 2008

Resend everything after 2/18 since these somehow did not make to the
list.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 10:30:34PM -0600, Mike (mwester) wrote:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>> Basically it's John, Graeme, and me.
>>
>> John and Graeme are maintaining monotone.openmoko.org and keeping track
>> of pushing stuff up and downstream as well as sync'ing with org.oe.dev
>> once in a while (only when a build works, so monotone.openmoko.org
>> should always be buildable).
>>
>> I'm also taking care of various issues as a side-effect of my regular OE work.
>>
>> Does that answer your question?
>>

> Not really.  That answers the first question: 'who', but it leaves open
> the process-related questions.  Specifically:
>
> a) how is coordination on various efforts occurring, and
> b) what is the process for getting a change into the distribution?

I'll stay as close to OE dev as possible, so as a general principle,
efforts should go to OE dev first.  The coordination should goes here
on the mailing list.  Basically, I hope when anything changed in OE
that is related to OM distro, people should CC here.

So, it goes like this:

* If it's not in OE yet, push it into OE following the OE process.
* Post the change here
* Sync into OM.mtn next time

Graeme is maintaining distro OM in OE, so issues like what you said in
the first mail should go to him, if I understand the issue correctly.

There are always exceptions.  Changes made by me usually go to OM.mtn
first to have immediate effect, and will be pushed upstream later.
Another example would be Graeme's work in qtopia-phone.  It goes to
OM.mtn first because it's not general enough to be put in OE dev, but
we need qtopia-phone fast.

Cheers,
John