gsmd power management device

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Fri Jan 18 14:47:20 CET 2008

"Andy Green" <andy at openmoko.com> writes:
[snip]
> In addition, there are some sleep()s in the /etc/init.d/gsmd script that
> are really a bit of an unreliable blunt instrument.  The sleeps add 5
> whole seconds to the boot time.

Yes, my testing (rather quite some time ago) showed that in all test cases
the sleeps in that script were completely unnecessary.

[Since there's been discussion on startup time recently, I should note that
there's another 1 second delay built into the startup of the actual gsmd
code itself that is not necessary, provided the powerup and initialization
of the serial port on the GTA01 is done in the correct order, and a bit
earlier in startup.  Every second counts...]

> - -Andy

Mike (mwester)