Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status (16 & 17)

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Fri Jul 4 17:05:27 CEST 2008

Hey,

another late update on the ASU front:

Done:
	- Worked on the Qt X11 backend to start painting and resizing _after_ X/the
WM has configured, mapped and exposed us. This means Qt/X11 apps should start
and resize and paint once.

	- Worked on the ThemedView (used by Dialer and CallScreen) to be a lot
faster. Decrease the number of calls to ThemedView::layout, reduce scaling of
images. This made a huge difference on X11

	- Worked on the CallScreen. Stop guessing what state the call is in, wait for
the modem to tell us (do not say connected if we are not, do not say "resume"
after pressing "hold" but wait for the at command to execute...)

	- So Qtopia should be faster, look faster and be more reliable. There are
still some GSM issues to be resolved though.

	- Today we upgraded to the latest stable kernel, other parts of the system
(efl, e, exposure, assassin, diversity) were upgraded too during the weeks..

To be done:
	- GSM reliability. Sometimes I have network loss, reconnect and Qtopia gets
confused saying that no phone call is possible.
	- Look into speed/performance of call handling (answering from suspend)
	- Power handling (do not suspend during a call)
	- Keyboard hints rework (write our own X protocol)
	- Ringtone, sound, latency on setting up the pipeline
	- Fix more bugs.

z.