Qtopia Status before leaving
zecke at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 12 22:15:47 CET 2008
I'm about to run to the airport here the last status meeting before I'm back
OpenEmbedded and the Qtopia/X11:
- We have illume, qtopia-phone-x11, openmoko-qtopia-phone-x11-image in
- Qtopia compiled from OE segfaults a lot, Qtopia compiled by hand using
the OE toolchain is not crashing but ASSERTING *ah* we hit that assert of
battery code at runtime.
- Fonts are broken, we use Xft so some sort of locale issue with X, no idea
what to install...
- Illume and sane config for enlightenment, How to have a default config
without populating the /root
- Some profiles.d scripts are missing to inject the Qtopia paths.. QPEDIR,
- qpe hangs on start with trying to open a device in
QSerialPort::waitForReady, one should use the version with timeout.
the round trip times with Qtopia are so bad that one is making nearly no
progress while waiting for the compilation.
- Fixing bugs, better integration, finding out why fonts are wrong and apps
More information about the distro-devel