Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status (12)
zecke at openmoko.org
Sat May 24 18:19:20 CEST 2008
sorry for another late update. I have been working on:
- moving OE metadata to git. git.openmoko.org provides bitbake/oe now
- we now have a branch plan and full spec for the ASU. I hope we have a
public mail within a couple of days and you will also see a new name.
- I have poked a funny keyevent reordering bug in Qt/X11 triggered by the
virtual keyboard of illume.
- I tried to change Qt/X11 to have one layout resize, one resize and one
paint on application startup. This makes Qtopia look a lot better on startup
(no more guessing the size, halfway drawing, resizing, redrawing on startup)
- I poked Qtopia to honor/write /etc/timezone and use that as the source for
the timezone name. Seems to work, illume's/e's clock still needs some poking.
- Worked on packaging qtopia, locking the distro down, updated the checksums.
- No progress on the resume issues.
- Work on the resume issue
- Find/search some more races in the Qtopia phone handling code.
- Review the used AT commands for missing encoding/decoding issues.
- Look at the touchscreen driver and see if we can get better data.
- Kill the mediaserver to reduce latency and quality when playing ringtones
- Work on the other ASU stuff.
- Fix the ugly icons, I know they are a visual offense.
comments and questions are welcome
More information about the distro-devel