Towards The Manual

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Fri Dec 19 09:36:00 CET 2008

Le vendredi 19 décembre 2008, jidanni at jidanni.org a écrit :

> MHD>   I can't help but think at night about how I would setup a
> MHD> project to make the missing Neo FreeRunner manual.
> MHD> 3. Generate any output necessary (html, PDF, paper...)
>
> When I opened the box, I though ah, the whippersnappers these days
> just include these cool green cards with some Zen quote on them, and
> dispense with the paper manuals... so be sure to list if your goal is
> a paper manual too, or just an online one--which is probably wisest too.

  I think the ultimate goal is a paper reference book, sold separately, in a
respectable technical collection. But given the present state of affairs,
that is a rather long-term goal, September 2009 at best. And it would need an
editor-in-chief to lead the project.

  So I agree that it is wisest to target first an online documentation, but as
a first step towards the book. Otherwise, why don't we just keep improving
the wiki ?

Minh
--
Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le