New wiki page: Getting Started FAQ

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 09:25:52 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Stroller
<stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've just started a new page "Getting Started FAQ" for all the
> annoying questions which keep cropping up on IRC on a daily basis.

A very good start!

This brings up another subject I'm interested in:
When looking for this page, I  went to the search box on the wiki,
input "getting started" and pressed enter,(which gives me the "Go"
action) and I'm takene to
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started
The getting Started FAQ page should be listed there too?

How do we best ensure that cross refernces are updated on our wiki?

> I thought there was going to be discussion here about reorganising
> the wiki and I was going to raise the matter of reorganising the main
> FAQ, which IMO is presently overlarge, unwieldy and uninteresting.

There is still hope. :-)
I agree - the main FAQ should be broken up into more interesting bits.

> But with complete silence on the list since its inception I just
> thought I'd add the page & see if it gets any traction.

I too was a bit surprised to see that ther was silence here. With the
great initial interest, I was expecting the list to almost burst with
messages a few hours after creation.

Michael, can you get someone to fix the Reply-To address fro this
list? It is a bit annoying that I reply to the person who wrote the
message when I really wanted to reply to the list.
--
Regards,
Torfinn