Categories. Use of "GTA01", "GTA02" in the Wiki. Was: Re: New wiki page: Getting Started FAQ

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Tue Jul 22 22:25:47 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Stroller írta, 2008-07-22 04:05 keltezéssel:
> Finally, this bring me to the *very* wide use of GTA01 & GTA02 within
> the wiki. Wouldn't "Neo1973" and "Freerunner" be better usage, now
> that production has started? It may be useful on occasion to refer to
> GTA02v3 and GTA02v4, but not very frequently compared to the fact
> that these are both fundamentally Freerunners.

+1 from me. I even added these codenames to
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Glossary when I finally clearly understood
them.

> The Freerunner has already exceeded distribution of the Neo1973 by 5
> or 10 times. Many newcomers are getting interested in Openmoko
> because they've read about this cool new Free Software phone that is
> available and because they maybe want to buy a Freerunner. In this
> context "GTA01" and "GTA02" are confusing names.

What about reducing GTA01 information to the level which is NEEDED by
the owners, of course keeping valuable long pages.

E.g. not http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_AUX_Button  ;-)

Or:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/SH1_FAQ#I.27m_not_a_developer_but_want_to_buy_a_Neo_to_show_off

(Completely outdated. Existing owners won't need this ANSWER, there
won't be new owners from original sale.)

These are "wild wild west" examples.

I could use the
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_pages_that_need_updating page for
collecting these.

LOL http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_Issues "Redundant pages". These
later two are for the same, so definately one of them is redundant.

Can someone with delete access migrate Wiki_pages_that_need_updating
content to Wiki_Issues please? Thanks for the links Torfinn.

Regards,