wiki reorg. Wiki pages that need updating. FIXME, TODO, Templates?

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 06:11:26 CEST 2008

On 23 Jul 2008, at 03:53, Clare wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Stroller
> <stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

>>> There is also this page, which at the moment doesn't seem very
>>> helpful:
>>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_pages_that_need_updating
>>>
>>> It should at least have timestamps for reporting / fixing issues.
>>
>> I think that a "citation needed", "fact check" or "fix me" template
>> would be ideal for this.
>
> Please may I say:
> One of the problems with the wiki has been that articles seem to be
> largely both undated and unsigned.

For any page you can look at it's history.

EG:
- http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Quickstart
- click on "history" tab at top of page ("page discussion edit
history move unwatch")
- => http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?
title=Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner&action=history

On this page dates of all changes are shown, alongside the
contributor's name.

> ... people, maybe when they put a
> comment like the above ... hopefully
> give a clue as to the type of "fix" required.

If you look at the way the Todo template is constructed you'll see an
explanation is accommodated.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Template:Todo

EG: if you look at the "edit" page of <http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/
OpenEmbedded> then you'll see the yellow ToDo box is consructed with
"{{todo|finish article}}". Thus anything after the | is the "clue"  ;)

This is one reason why I suggest templates for all this stuff.

Stroller.