wiki reorg - Documentation Team

Josh Monson josh.monson at kintera.com
Thu Jul 24 00:13:42 CEST 2008

I 2nd that idea :)

-----Original Message-----
From: documentation-bounces at lists.openmoko.org
[mailto:documentation-bounces at lists.openmoko.org] On Behalf Of ian
douglas
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:34 PM
To: Torfinn Ingolfsen
Cc: documentation at lists.openmoko.org
Subject: Re: wiki reorg - Documentation Team

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> I think it is important to  to two things at the same time:
> - discuss guidelines and specific issues here, and document the
results
> - do updates on the wiki whenever each of us finds a page / section
> that clearly needs updating, and it is clear to the finder how he /
> she wants to update it.

I think each of us should announce on this mailing list when we intend
to work on a specific page so multiple people aren't making changes to
the same page, and give an expiration timer so whatever isn't completed
by that point, frees up the page to others on the team.

For example:

"Hi Team,
I'm going to spend some time over the next 6 hours (starting right now)
to clean up the _______________ page(s)."

That way we know that after 6 hours pass from the time they send the
message, any of the rest of us can review it, make suggestions, etc.

Just my thoughts.

-id