wishlist

Marko Knöbl openmoko.marko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 15:00:49 CEST 2008

2008/7/24 Matt Joyce <matt.joyce at gmail.com>:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wish_List
>
> I think the wishlist is somewhat broken and needs to be restructured.
> It not clear if wishes have been fulfilled, are being developed, have
> support, etc
>
> Hardware wishes (camera) are not going to be included in the GTA01 or
> GTA02, so they should be gathered elsewhere, 'future hardware'
> perhaps.
> Software wishes could perhaps be arranged to show status, relevant
> openmoko project (if any), links to examples, mock ups, discussion,
> mailing threads, etc.
>
> Apologies if someone has already mentioned this, I don't recall any
> recent discussion.
>
> Comments ?
>
> Matt

I think that having a wishlist in a wiki is generally a bad idea. Even
if we manage to restructure it I think it will soon get crufted again.
Furthermore it seems the developers are not really aware of/ignoring
this list. (See Stroller's post "the answering machine.
"unimplemented" / "proposed features" wiki pages" on this mailing
list)

What do you think of moving the Wish List to
http://fevote.com/openmoko or some similar system where ideas can be
voted on? I think it would require far less administration.