Archives by thread broken?

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 02:13:07 CEST 2008

On 28 Jul 2008, at 21:47, Ferenc Veres wrote:
> Justin Wong írta, 2008-07-25 07:07 keltezéssel:
>> Is the Archives by thread for this mailing list broken?
>>
>> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/documentation/2008-July/
>> thread.html
>>
>> How come "SQL Database error on the wiki" is under "visited link
>> colors should be different"?  There are others...
>
> Well, I guess it is [correctly] following the reply structure of
> the mails.

<pantomime>
Oh, no, it isn't!
</pantomime>

> So I would like to ask everyone to reply to mail only when it's
> approriate. When starting a new thread, do a "compose to" the mailing
> list (new mail), instead replying to a random mail. And don't reply
> to a
> mail which is not the one you are replying to.

Don't accuse me of that!!

Both my messages "Wiki search broken?  dfu-util" and the one Justin
mentioned, "SQL Database error on the wiki", are affected. I *never*
hi-jack threads in that way.

I haven't checked the latter, but the full headers of "Wiki search
broken?  dfu-util" definitely show no "In-Reply-To:" header.

So it's definitely the indexing software that's borken.

Stroller.