om2008.8 <-> om2008.9 issues

Alasal myrealemail at alasal.be
Thu Oct 2 16:56:39 CEST 2008

Hey,

I think we should rename some of the pages. Almost all information available
for om2008.8 is right for om2008.9, while most of the people is getting
confused about that.

So I suggest the following:
- Split http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2008.8 into
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2008.8 and
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_distribution, where Om distribution handles
about general focus and so on and Om 2008.8 is specific on that release. (So
Om 2008.8 will deliver something like
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2008.9_Update)
- Change the section about Om2008.9 on
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Download page into Om distribution
- Change the section about Om2008.8 on
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Distributions into Om distribution

So I suggest the following on naming convention:
- Om distribution: The distribution that Openmoko is cooking off the asu
branch (Something like Ubuntu)
- Om2008.8: The first point release of the Om distribution. (Something like
Ubuntu 4.10)
- Om2008.9: The second point release of the Om distribution. (Something like
Ubuntu 5.04)
- Omd: The call name of the Om distribution. It's easier to type 3 chars
instead of 15 chars.