www.opkg.org - Contact

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Thu Oct 16 09:10:04 CEST 2008

Le mercredi 15 octobre 2008, vous avez écrit :
> Hi
>
> It was a pleassure for me to create the site ;-)! And it's great to see,
> that it is actually in use!

Thanks. Are you on the "Documentation" mailing list ? If not, may I cordially
invite you to subscribe ? That would be most convenient to coordinate the
wiki.openmoko.org with opkg.org with projects.openmoko.org

  For a start, it would be a good idea to share the same categorization, yes ?
Our (wiki editors) idea was to adopt the freedesktop category lists as a
reference: http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html

with the idea that we can deviate when needed, with reasons good enough to
eventually propose for standardization to  freesmartphone.org .
That means admitting as top level:
+ Telephony
+ GPS

Altough I would prefer to use "Mapping", "Location" or "Geolocation" instead
of GPS, because 1/ it is an acronym, 2/ it is just one technical system (like
ALSA or OSS) for which there are alternatives (I used DECCA and LORAN decades
ago in the navy, and soon Galileo and GLONASS should be complete)

Minh