www.opkg.org - Contact

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Thu Oct 16 14:55:46 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Minh Ha Duong wrote:
> Le mercredi 15 octobre 2008, vous avez écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> It was a pleassure for me to create the site ;-)! And it's great to see,
>> that it is actually in use!
>
> Thanks. Are you on the "Documentation" mailing list ? If not, may I cordially
> invite you to subscribe ? That would be most convenient to coordinate the
> wiki.openmoko.org with opkg.org with projects.openmoko.org

I also sent a congratulations mail to the new site, it looks great.

Then I found one concern. If this is not a Wiki-like system, people
won't be able to contribute information, updates and fixes. Will that be
possible?

Will we keep the Wiki application pages for longer descriptions, like
how to build a specific program or how to patch it to get it working on
FR and so on?

Will we MOVE content there? A system like opkg.org would be more optimal
for "application database", than a set of Wiki pages.

+1 for sharing category names. About renaming GPS: I don't know yet.
"Location Applications"? (Not all GPS programs are mapping programs,
some just take track (well, normally we use our tracks for drawing maps,
ok. :-) ) I can't find anything like this in FreeDesktop, just
"Geography", which is under "Science" (and/or "Education"). If you want
to stick to FreeDesktop, then Geography is the name you are looking for
(we can ignore the fact, that this is a second level category there. :-)

Regards,